This policy sets out how we collect, handle, transfer, use and secure your data. We take your privacy very seriously and will treat information we receive from you in accordance with this policy. We will also treat your information in accordance with all applicable laws (including, without limitation, the UK Data Protection Act 1998) and the requirements of any applicable social media platforms (including, without limitation, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Youtube, Reddit, Snapchat and Flickr) (“Social Media Platforms”).
For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller Sports Union TV Holdings Limited, at Floor 24, The Shard, London, SE1 9SG
If you have any questions about this policy, you can write to us at: Sports Union TV Holdings Limited, at Floor 24, The Shard, London, SE1 9SG or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COLLECTING INFORMATION
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- When you register on the Site, we will collect and retain certain personal data such as your name, e-mail address, and your user name for the Site.
- We may also collect your basic account information from Social Media Platforms, including without limitation, your user ID.
- We may also collect additional personal information from you when you enter any competition operated by us, surveys, games, questions, comments and communications to the Site, and any postings or contributions you make to the Site.
- Additionally, we may collect certain non-personally identifiable information at the Site, (such as your favourite leagues and teams, annual income, buying preferences, or age), also known as demographic or profile data.
We wish to keep all your data as up to date as possible and you agree that you will inform us of any changes to your information via your account settings on the Site or by contacting us at email@example.com
- COLLECTING TECHNICAL INFORMATION
Each time you visit the Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- We will collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect you to the Site, your login information to the Site, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- [We may also collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.]
We may use the information collected about you to help diagnose problems with our server, to help administer the Site, and help identify you during a particular session and to gather broad demographic data.
Cookies are a standard method of registering user preferences when people use websites, to ensure a better and more personalised experience. These preferences are stored in a file on your computer’s hard disk drive. For example, a cookie would contain your preferred country of residence so we do not have to ask you this question each time you visit.
We also use ‘analytical’ cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they’re using it. This helps us improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily.
Web cookies are cookies that stay on your computer permanently until you “manually” delete them. Session cookies delete themselves automatically when you leave a website and go to another one or shut down your browser.
For more information about cookies, including how to enable cookies, change your browser settings and find and delete cookies on your hard drive, please refer to your web browser’s help menus or visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
SOS TV (either directly or via any third parties listed in Sharing) may use your personal data collected on or through the Site:
- to register you and allow you to access the Site, your account on the Site and allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site;
- for advertising, direct marketing and promotional purposes from SU TV or selected third parties to send you information about goods or services which we believe might of interest to you, inc]luding but not limited to:
- recommendations for content, products or services which are targeted to your interests;
- direct marketing and promotional offers; and
- targeted advertisements from our brand partners;
- in the future promotional activities of SOS TV where you have given consent;
- to enable us to monitor, review and improve the products and services we offer;
- to provide you with information about updates and changes to this Site where you have given consent; and
- any other purpose disclosed to you at the time of collecting your personal information.
We may use your personal data together with information obtained from other third party sources.
With respect to all other data we may use this data to improve the Site and for direct marketing and/or marketing and/or promotion and/or sales information, including to carry out our own demographic research analysis, for internal audit purposes and to monitor customer traffic patterns and usage of the Site to help us develop the design and layout of the Site. This information may also be used to evaluate what portions of the Site are more popular than others, determine where visitors came from, where visitors go, how long visitors stay on a particular page, or use of the Site in general. We will use this data in aggregate, anonymous form only, which means that the information will not contain any personal about you or any other person.
If we wish to use information for any additional purpose we shall notify you of this and obtain your consent at the time that you provide that information prior to such use commencing.
- YOUR RIGHTS
If you do not want us to process your personal data for marketing purposes, you will always be given the opportunity to limit or stop this use at any time by amending your preferences in your account on the Site or by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in any electronic communications sent to you from us. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- any member of our group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (the “Group”) and its or their associated companies, subsidiaries, agents and representatives, in accordance with the purposes set out in the Usage section;
- Our service providers, agencies and subcontractors, retained to perform functions on our behalf, or to provide services to us (such as event organising, warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising; credit card and data processing; age verification; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers related to our business); provided such service providers and subcontractors do not collect, use, or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions on our behalf, or to provide such services to us;
- Law enforcement, governmental or regulatory personnel and agencies when requested to do so or as required by law; and
- Selected third parties to whom you have provided your consent or whom we feel are providing or seeking the information as your authorised or appointed legal agent.
In order to make the Site more enjoyable for visitors, SUTV constantly strives to learn how users use the Site. Information concerning your use of the Site and related services may be collected, used, retained and made available to one or more third parties, such as a data processor, fulfilment agency, or advertising agency, for advertising, direct marketing and promotional purposes.
SUTV may transfer or assign information concerning your use of the Site, including, without limitation, personal data that you provide and other information concerning your use of the Site, to third parties, as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation, administration or liquidation of SUTV.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers or affiliates, to and from the websites of third parties and to and from links to social media platforms. If you follow a link to any of these websites or platform, please note that these websites and platforms should have their own privacy policies, which will govern their use of the information that you provide to them and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies (except where expressly set out in those policies). Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites or social media platforms.
- POSTING INFORMATION ON OR THROUGH THE SITE
In accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Site, you are solely responsible for the information and other content you post on or through the Site. You understand that any personal and other information (e.g., user name, e-mail address, phone number) that you post on or through the Site (e.g. via functionality such as chat, bulletin boards, post cards or invitations), is generally accessible to other visitors of the Site and may be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. Users of any such functionality on the Site are encouraged to exercise caution when providing personal information.
We take security very seriously. Due to the open communication nature of the Internet however, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us, and us and you, will be free from unauthorised access by third parties. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- CONSENT TO STORING AND PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY
Site Administrators: email@example.com
Last Updated: August 2016